Europe's largest economy, Germany, recently activated an emergency plan to manage gas supplies that the natural gas could be rationed if supplies are disrupted or disrupted by a stand-off over Russian demands to pay for fuel in rubles.
German Vice-Chancellor, minister of economy and climate protection, said Germany's gas supplies were secure for now, but he urged consumers and businesses to reduce consumption, saying "every kilowatt of electricity counts."
Germany's gas network regulator can ration gas if supplies run short. Plants would be the first to be affected. Special treatment will be provided to private families, hospitals, and other important institutions.
Half of Germany's 41.5 million households use natural gas for heating, and industry consumption accounts for a third of the country's 100 billion cubic meters of gas demand in 2021.
The price of many energy and commodities like the silica fume could be affected.
What is micro silica fume for concrete?
Micro silica fume is also well used in the concrete industry. Its physical characteristics include small particles, high purity, and pozzolanic solid activity. Adding micro silica fume to concrete can not only improve the properties of concrete in many aspects but also enhance. The adhesion and cohesion of concrete itself, can make the concrete play its role more and reduce the amount of rebound. The use of micro-silica fume has brought many advantages to the project; not only can the thickness of the concrete be formed at one time, but it also brings a lot of cost savings to the whole project and shorten the time required for the project.
Application of high-performance concrete proportioning design scheme
1) Compatibility: Micro silica fume has good compatibility with water-reducing agents, fly ash, mineral powder, and fiber;
2) Slump: Concrete has strong viscosity due to the phenomenon of gap filling, so the slump design scheme of concrete mixed with silica fume is 2~3cm higher than that of ordinary concrete;
3) The amount of mixing, production, and processing of high-strength concrete and shotcrete, the mixing amount of silica fume is 6~12% of the cement; the mixing amount of concrete for underwater engineering projects is slightly higher; the silica fume is used as a pump When the agent is used, the mixing amount is reduced to about 2%. Finally, the mixing ratio is confirmed by the mixing ratio test. The mixing of micro-silica fume mixed with cement and aggregate shall be constructed in strict accordance with the specifications, and at the same time, the maintenance shall be enhanced.
Ingredients and mixing
Generally speaking, the concrete industry usually uses densified silica fume, so manual or automatic feeding can be used.
2) Because of its unique ultra-fineness, the micro-silica fume must be put in immediately after feeding, and the micro-silica powder cannot be added to the concrete.
3) When the concrete is mixed with silica fume, the mixing time is 30~40s longer than ordinary concrete to obtain good uniformity.
4) There are no special requirements for the concrete of micro silica fume during transportation, just like ordinary concrete.
Watering and maintenance;
1) Vibration of micro-silica fume concrete requires high density, no vibration leakage, and no over-vibration. The vibration time is generally 10~30s;
2) Continuous supply of concrete is required to prevent cold stubble and cause hidden dangers. The stubble time cannot exceed 100 minutes;
3) It is essential to prevent the premature evaporation of water when protecting the concrete from silica fume. Therefore, after pouring, immediately cover the film, and lay sacks for watering and curing.
Use a woven bag for micro-silica fume in a plastic inner sealed bag, and pay attention to waterproof and moisture-proof during storage and transportation.
TRUNNANO is a concrete additives supplier with over 12 years experience in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. We accept payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea.
If you are looking for high quality silica fume, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry.
Russia is a major supplier of industrial metals such as nickel, aluminium and palladium. Russia and Ukraine are both major wheat exporters, and Russia and Belarus produce large amounts of potash, an input to fertiliser. The price and market of the silica fume will fluctuate under its influence. Prices of these goods have been rising since 2022 and are now likely to rise further because of the Russia-Ukraine conflict. Russia is a major supplier of industrial metals such as nickel, aluminium and palladium. Russia and Ukraine are both major wheat exporters, and Russia and Belarus produce large amounts of potash, an input to fertiliser. The price and market of the silica fume will fluctuate under its influence. Prices of these goods have been rising since 2022 and are now likely to rise further because of the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
The biggest immediate challenge for the EU will be replenishing its depleted gas inventories. While the EU could still increase LNG imports from countries such as the US, such purchases would be more expensive.Refilling natural gas storage space to h…
Graphite powder is a soft black gray powder, which can be used as refractory, conductive material, lubricating material, casting, sand, molding and high-temperature metallurgical material. It can also prevent boiler scaling, and can be used as pigmen…
The main applications of bismuth oxide are electronic ceramic powder materials,electrolyte materials,photoelectric materials,high-temperature superconducting materials,and catalysts.…